Where was the first Elkton High School building?
— Ashley Nunley, Elkton
The first public high school to be called Elkton High School actually began as Cecil County High School. The building opened in 1896 and sat at the intersection of Mackall and Osage streets in Elkton.
Cecil County High School became Elkton High School in the late 1920s. In the 1930s, land was purchased to build a new school. The second Elkton High School building sat at the intersection of North Street and Route 279. The current Elkton High building opened in 1958.
The Cecil County High School building burned down in the 1940s. The second Elkton High School is now Elkton Middle School.
— Beth Boulden Moore