Get your permits

ELKTON — It’s almost that time of the year again, when local vendors are out in the community serving up summertime treats to residents. 

Before being cleared to sell, vendors must apply for a transient vendor permit through the town before selling items. The application requirements includes but is not limited to three references, a copy of Maryland's Sales and Use Tax License, proof of insurance and driver's license. 

There is also a health department application Food Service Facility Application for mobile food vendors that must be complete in order to legally be a transient vendor in the county. This application can be found on the Cecil County Health Department website and has a fee of $200 

This is a key requirement, one Elkton town official says, as the Cecil County Health Department inspects the mobile-operation and equipment. 

“It’s a public health issue,” the official said, adding that permits cost $50 for six months and $100 for the year. 

Vendors should also keep in mind that written permission from property owners is required in order to set up shop. 

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.