Port Deposit area shed destroyed by fire

This 10-by-15-foot wooden shed on Peacock Lane near Port Deposit was destroyed by a Saturday morning fire.

PORT DEPOSIT — A Saturday morning fire that caused $10,000 in damages and inflicted minor injuries on a volunteer firefighter is still under investigation according to the Office of the Maryland State Fire Marshal.

The firefighter, who was not identified, refused medical treatment at the scene of the 10:21 a.m. fire at 24 Peacock Lane in Port Deposit.

Victor Hamilton, owner of the 10-by-15-foot wooden shed, discovered the fire and made the call to 911. The shed and its contents was leveled by the fire, which volunteers from Water Witch Volunteer Fire Company extinguished in 20 minutes.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.